Sep 18, 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS 18/9/18
- Both countries had entered into an agreement for the pipeline construction in April this year during Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale's visit to Dhaka.
- The 130-kilometre pipeline will connect Siliguri in West Bengal in India and Parbatipur in Dinajpur district of Bangladesh.
Former foreign secy S Jaishankar joins board of USISPF
- Former foreign secretary S Jaishankar has joined the board of the US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF).
- USISPF is a forum founded with the objective of promoting a strategic relationship between the US and India, and finding common ground on important issues facing businesses in both countries
India and Malta sign three MoUs in the fields of Maritime Cooperation, Tourism and Training
- India and Malta today signed three MoUs in the fields of Maritime Cooperation, Tourism and Training after delegation level talks between Vice President, Venkaiah Naidu and President of Malta, Ms. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca.
HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar to confer Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18
- Education and Literacy had launched the Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar to honour the schools that have done exemplary work in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene.
- These awards are given to ensure long term sustainability and behaviour change towards cleanliness. It also provides a benchmark and roadmap for schools to make further improvements. The Ministry said, this year, first time the awards have also been extended to private schools besides government and government aided schools.
- This award was launched as a follow up to the Swachh Vidyalaya Initiative launched in 2014.
Labour & Employment Minister presents Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar & National Safety Awards for 2016
Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad initiates cleanliness drive in at Electronics Niketan
Japan conducts first submarine drill in disputed South China Sea
Centre proposes to amalgamate Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank.
Sep 18, 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS 18/9/18
Sep 17, 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS 17/9/18
- Vishwakarma Jayanti being celebrated
- It is a day of celebration for Vishwakarma, who is considered the divine architect and carpenter.
- It is believed that he constructed the holy city of Dwarka, and created weapons for the gods.
- His mention is found in the Rig Veda, and is credited with Sthapatya Veda, the science of mechanics and architecture.
- It is generally celebrated every year on 17 or 18 September in Indian states such as Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, and Tripura.
- ISRO successfully launches PSLV C 42 with two British earth observation satellites
- Indian Space Research Organisation successfully launched PSLV C 42 with two British earth observation satellites NovaSAR and S1-4 in precision at 10.08 pm from the Sathish Dhawan Space Centre Sriharikota.
- With the successful launch of two British satellites on Sunday, the total number of foreign satellites launched by India goes up to 239.
- Indigenously developed weapon system 'MPATGM' successfully flight tested for second time
- Indigenously developed weapon system Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM), was successfully flight tested for the second time from the Ahmednagar range
- Swachhata Gram Sabhas organised in villages across the country
- Swachhata Gram Sabhas are being organised in villages across the country as part of fortnight Swachhata Hi Sewa movement.
- The agenda of the Gram Sabhas is to monitor the status of cleanliness in their Gram Panchayats and make an Action Plan for the future.
- Mountaineers Satyarup & Mousumi climb Asia's highest volcanic peak Mount Damavand in Iran
- Mountaineers Satyarup Siddhanta and Mousumi Khatua created history by climbing Asia's highest volcanic peak Mount Damavand in Iran.
- Mount Damavand is the highest peak and also a potentially active volcano.
- Moutaz Mousa Abdallah becomes Sudan's new PM.